This Summary is provided to inform you that, as a member of
you are entitled benefits under the Master Policy referenced below.
This Summary Description of Benefits does not state all the terms, conditions,
and exclusions of the Policy. Your benefits will be subject to all of the terms,
conditions, and exclusions of the Master Policy, even if they are not mentioned in this Summary.
The Master Policy of Personal Internet Identity Coverage has been issued to:
Fair Isaac Corporation. (the “Master Policy Holder”),
Policy Number XXXXXXXXXX underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc.,
to provide benefits as described in this Summary.
Should you have any questions regarding the
Program provided by the Master Policyholder, or wish to view a complete copy of the Master Policy, please call the customer service number.
Limit of Insurance
- Aggregate Limit of Insurance: $25,000 per year
- Lost Wages: $1,000 per week, for 5 weeks maximum
- Travel Expenses: $1,000
- Elder Care and Child Care: $1,000
- Deductible: $0 per policy period
Filing a Claim
To file a claim under the Master Policy, contact: 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX
This is a group Master Policy issued to Fair Isaac Corporation.
If this Master Policy is terminated, your benefits will cease effective that date.
It is the obligation of the Master Policyholder to inform you of any termination of the Master Policy.
We shall pay you for the following:
- Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by you in the United States for re-filing applications for loans,
grants or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity event;
- Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by you in the United States for notarizing affidavits or other similar documents,
long distance telephone calls and postage solely as a result of your efforts to report a stolen identity event and/or amend or
rectify records as to your true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event;
- Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by the insured for credit reports from established credit bureaus
for up to one year after a stolen identity event.
- Costs approved by us, for providing periodic reports on changes to, and inquiries about the information contained
in the insured’s credit reports or public databases (including, but not limited to credit monitoring services);
- Reasonable and necessary cost of travel within the United States incurred as a result of the insured’s efforts
to amend or rectify records as to the insured’s true name and identity; and
- Reasonable and necessary costs for elder care or child care incurred as a result of the insured’s efforts
to amend or rectify records as to the insured’s true name or identity.
- Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by you for ordering medical records for the purpose of amending
and/or rectifying these documents as a result of a stolen identity event
- Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by you for the replacement of identification cards,
drivers licenses and passports as a result of a stolen identity event
Actual lost wages earned in the United States, whether partial or whole days, for time reasonably and necessarily
taken off work and away from your work premises solely as a result of your efforts to amend or rectify records as
to your true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event. Actual lost wages includes remuneration for
vacation days, discretionary days, floating holidays, and paid personal days excludes business interruption or
future earnings of a self-employed professional. Computation of lost wages for self-employed persons must be
supported by, and will be based on, prior year tax returns. Coverage is limited to wages lost within twelve months
after your discovery of a stolen identity event.
Legal defense fees and expenses
Reasonable and necessary fees and expenses incurred in the United States by you with our consent for an attorney approved by us for:
- An initial consultation with a lawyer to determine the severity of and appropriate response to a stolen identity event;
- Defending any civil suit brought against you by a creditor or collection agency or entity acting on behalf of a creditor for
non-payment of goods or services or default on a loan as a result of a stolen identity event; and
- Removing any civil judgment wrongfully entered against you as a result of the stolen identity event.
- Defending criminal charges brought against the insured as a result of a stolen identity event; provided, however,
we will only pay criminal defense related fees and expenses after it has been established that the insured was not in fact the perpetrator.
- Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in your medical history as a result of a medical identity theft.
It is further agreed that solely with respect to subparagraph (c) that you, with our express prior written consent, may select such attorney.
A stolen identity event is the fraudulent use or your personal identification, social security number, or other method of identifying you,
this includes the fraudulent use of the personal identity of the insured to establish credit accounts, secure loans, enter into contracts or commit crimes.
A stolen identity event does not include the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of your business name, d/b/a or any other method of identifying your
business activity. .Medical Identity Theft means the theft of your personal or health insurance information to obtain medical treatment,
pharmaceutical services or medical insurance coverage. Medical identity theft also means the theft of your personal or health insurance
information to submit false claims for medical services or goods.
The Master Policy provides benefits to you only if you report a stolen identity event to us by the contact number stated above as soon as
you become aware of a stolen identity event, in no event later than 90 days after the stolen identity event is discovered by you and you
follow the instructions given to you in a claims kits that you will be provided. These instructions will include notifying major credit bureaus,
the Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft Hotline and appropriate law enforcement authorities. This claims kit will also instruct you how to
file for benefits under the policy if the stolen identity event results in losses covered under the policy.
You will only be covered if a stolen identity event is reported to us within 90 days of discovery.
You will not be covered if the stolen identity event first occurs after termination of the master policy or termination of your membership
in the Master Policyholder’s program.
Limits Of Insurance
The most we shall pay you are the Limits of Insurance shown above. All Legal Costs shall be part of and subject to the Aggregate Limit of Insurance.
LEGAL COSTS ARE PART OF, AND NOT IN ADDITION TO, THE LIMIT OF INSURANCE.
The Lost Wages Limit of Insurance shown above is a sublimit of the Aggregate Limit of Insurance and is the most we shall pay you for lost wages.
1. You shall be responsible for the applicable Deductible amount shown above and you may not insure against it.
2. You shall be responsible for only one Deductible during any one policy period.
We shall be excess over any other insurance, including, without limitation, homeowner’s or renter’s insurance.
If you have other insurance that applies to a loss under this policy, the other insurance shall pay first.
This policy applies to the amount of loss that is in excess of the Limit of Insurance of your other insurance
and the total of all your deductibles and self-insured amounts under all such other insurance.
In no event shall we pay more than our Limits of Insurance as shown above.
Should you be enrolled in more than one membership program insured by us, or any of our affiliates, we will reimburse you under each membership program:
a) subject to the applicable deductibles and limits of liability of each insured membership program
b) but in no event shall the total amount reimbursed to you under all membership programs exceed the actual amount of loss.
Back to report ID theft page
* Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc.
The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of
the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage.
Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.