Organize Your Home Refinance Loan Paperwork
Gathering the paperwork you’ll need for the application process can
be a tedious job. Just the thought of digging though filing cabinets to find last year’s
W2 seems like something better left for tomorrow.
But after you’ve decided you’re ready to refinance, you don’t want
snags that can slow down the process. Don’t let a missing W2 keep you from a smooth refinance.
Use this checklist to organize your paperwork before you refinance. It may be a boring
task today, but it’s better than a stressful ordeal tomorrow.
- W2 earnings statements or 1099 DIV income statements for the last two years
- Federal tax returns for the last two years
- Bank statements for the last few months
- Recent paycheck stubs
- Proof of other income, such as tips, Social Security payments, etc.
- Proof of investment income
You may be asked for additional documentation, but having these documents will surely
speed up your application.